Torsten Matzak was born June 28th, 1974 in Karl-Marx-Stadt (today call Chemnitz)
- He studied Political Science , Law and Contemporary History at Ludwig-Maximilians-University and holds a Master degree in Political Science. His main focus in the academical work was in international relation, crises and conflict management and the relations between the political bodies.
- He holds a second degree in Public Administration from the Bavarian State School for Public Administration (Fachhochschule für öffentliche Verwaltung und Rechtspflege).
- His research interest are the international relations of African and Middle East States, Modern History of African and Middle East States and the U.S. Foreign Policy towards Africa and the Middle East.
Torsten Matzak work since 1996 as permanent staff member for the City of Munich and has different roles and responsibilities in the past. Between 2006 and 2012, he worked as Project Manager for a strategic IT-project, that change the whole IT-strategy and organization from his company.
Between November 2012 and March 2014, he worked in the position as Executive Officer at the Technical Trainers College in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia. He was responsible for the operation of the Dean’s Office and the Communication Management of the College. Under his responsiblity, the College was awarded by the Club of Rectors Council Oxford with the Award “Best Academic Website“. He was the producer of the imagefilms “TTC – An Institution for the Future of Saudi Arabia” and GIZ-Campaign film “Facts & Stories – Technical Trainer in Saudi Arabia“.
In March 2014, he moved to the GIZ Country Office in Saudi Arabia and later to the GIZ Headquarter in Eschborn and occupied the position as Project Manager.
Since December 2015, Torsten Matzak work as Business Development Manager for Siemens Healthcare, one of the leading technology enterprises worldwide for medical solutions. As Direktor for Project and Partnership management, Torsten was responsible for the entire business development for Ajyad Knowledge, a Saudi start up company in the field of K12 and vocational education.
In 2017, Mr. Matzak moved to Spain and took over the position as Director Operations & Projects for Litterarius, a consulting and service house in the field of education and certification.
In the past, Torsten Matzak worked for a political organization in Germany in the fields of programm development and campaigns on the federal and international level. The main fields of his work was the international and development policy and the modernization of the administration. The last is reflected as a part of his current position.
Since 2004, Torsten Matzak work successful for a small Munich based charity association. The German Ghanaian Friendship Association has established and developed a school for professional education in small village in Ghana, near of Kumasi, since more as 15 years. Torsten Matzak is responsibile for the project development in this organization and is the Chief Personal, Finance and Communication Officer as Executive Vice Chairman.
Some pictures from my live … in different parts of the world
And more on Flickr
- 2010 Ghana Education Service for his work in the Ghanaian education sector
- 2012 Muenchen dankt
- 2013 Best Academic Website for the Technical Trainers College in Riyadh